Visit our website and check out the process of Fabrication and Installation of Stone Surfaces in Woburn, MA. For more information, contact us today.
The Fabrication and Installation Process
Step 1: Come Prepared
- Appointments - We strongly recommend making appointments with a sales representative before visiting our showroom/slab yard. Walk-ins are always welcome too.
- Homeowners - If you are working with an architect, kitchen designer, etc., we advise that they accompany you on your initial visit. Our sales staff is happy to discuss with them the details involved in this process.
- Color guides - Bring any cabinet doors, paint chips, or other color guides to help with your selection of our materials.
- Blueprints/plans - To help us give you an accurate quote, please bring all drawings and/or plans so we can discuss any special details of your project.
- Project quotes – Stone Surfaces will fax, email or call you with a final project quote within 24 hours. Quotes include material, templating, fabrication, and installation.
Step 2: Stone Selection
- One-on-one service – Our sales representatives accompany clients throughout the selection process.
- Showroom - You can view our most popular materials in our showroom. and get a feel for the stone on a large scale by viewing slabs on site.
- Services – We will go in detail about the various stone and details: edge details, surface finishes, cut-outs, explanation of the differences between types of natural stone and product extras.
- Slab Inventory - View our inventory of many different colors, types, and thicknesses of natural stone on site.
Step 3: Finalizing the Project
- Contracts - After material selection, special project details will be finalized (e.g. edge detail, cut-outs, custom finishes, etc.) and a contract will be created.
- Deposits - Once a contract is signed, a 50% deposit of the final bill is required. The remaining balance is due upon delivery/installation.
- Templating appointments - With the initial deposit transaction, clients are given an appointment for templating and an appointment for installation. Template dates fall approximately 1 week from time of scheduling.
- Slab Selection – Clients can select and tag the slabs they choose for their project. If we do not have it on our lot we will then make an appointment at a wholesaler so you can select the stone you want. The slab will then be delivered to us and we will fabricate and install in your home.
Step 4: Templating, Installation & Maintenance
- Requirements for templating - By the day of templating, all appliances (stoves, etc.) must be in place and hardware (sinks, faucets, soap and/or hot water dispensers, cook-tops, vents, etc.) must be on site. All farm sinks and/or cast-iron sinks must be installed in the cabinetry. All base cabinets must be fully installed. Someone must be present on site (client, designer, contractor, etc.) at the time of templating to discuss job details. Note: Stone Surfaces does not install/hook-up any plumbing. Undermount sinks will be installed with pins and adhesive only.
- Installation - Installation occurs approximately 2 weeks from the day of templating. Lack of information in the job file can delay this schedule
- Maintenance - Ongoing stone care maintenance instructions will be discussed and given to clients upon installation. Care kits are also available for purchase at our showroom.